Options: Level 1,2,3
In Level 1,2,3 courses of the Drone Academy, we provide a few hardware options (the Multi-Rotor Drone and Flight Equipment), which will be available for renting or purchasing on site to complete the course. Following are the options with price available for each course level.
Level 1: Build, Program, and Flight Training
- One of following option kits is required for the basic flight instruction course.
- 250mm Multi-Rotor Kit ($25.00/Rent for 4 week course)
- 250mm Carbon Fiber Multi-Rotor Kit ($190.00/Purchase Only, take home)
* Note: Transmitter & Receiver supplied by the academy, See more HERE
Level 2: FPV Equipment Install, Set-up, and Flight Training
- You need to pick one hardware option for the course registration. If you purchased your Multi-Rotor in Level 1, you only need to pick one option for FPV Equipment.
- 250mm Multi-Rotor Kit Assembled by Student in Level 1 - Rental includes FAT Shark Goggles, FPV Camera & Transmitter, and Multi-Rotor Drone Option 2: $25.00/Rent for 4 week course
- 250mm Multi-Rotor Kit Purchased and assembled by student in Level 1 - Rental includes FAT Shark Goggles (FPV Camera & Transmitter included with purchased Drone) * Note: Transmitter, Receiver, RX, FPV Goggles, Monitors, & Grand Station supplied by the academy, See more HERE
Option 1: $50.00/Rent for 4 week course
Level 3: CleanFlight/BetaFlight/INAV Computer Programming and FPV Set-up
- You need to pick one option during the course registration.
- 250mm Multi-Rotor Kit Purchased and Assembled by student in Level 1 (N/C) Option 2:
- Bring your own FPV Racing Multi-Rotor Drone (N/C) * Note: Transmitter, Receiver, RX, FPV Goggles, Monitors supplied by the academy, See more HERE
If you purchased your Multi-Rotor & FPV Equipment in previous Levels, there are no hardware options you need to rent/purchase.
Transmitter & Case
FPV Grand Station
Autonomous Flight Controller (APM)
Audio Video Receiver (RX)
Drone Academy: Sample Program & Curriculum
Drone Academy: CodeWithDrones Promo
CNBC: Nightly Business Report
PC Magazine: Drone Aviation 101 (page 25)
Discussion: Drone Legislation
Quartz: This Entrepreneur Interview
TED Talk: Filmed in a robot lab at TEDGlobal
FPV: Drone Racing